YONGNUO YN-560 III Flash will not fire

• hello, i bought a YONGNUO YN-560 III Flash For Nikon & Canon recently, but it will not fire, what can i do?

• Dear Glenn,

The Yongnuo YN560 III (as well as I and II) are all fully manual flashes. They do not have compatibility with automatic flash modes such as TTL or other manufacturer-specific auto flash modes.

Put your camera into Manual mode, and turn the flash on. Start with a test fire of the flash by hitting the big LED light on the flash after it (usually) turns green. Did you get a test flash? If so then your flash is working, if not then check your batteries or return the unit because it is defective. Moving on, as long as the flash is ready and in the standard manual mode, it will be triggered each time the shutter is released on your camera in Manual mode. If that is not the case it is likely a defective unit.

You can also test the flash on any camera with a hotshoe mount, including film SLRs for example. Anything that will send a signal via the hotshoe should trigger the flash as it is manual.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to Shopper+ Forum Canada was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.