printer SCX-3400 suddenly says the toner is not compatible?
I got this error message : "Not Compatible Toner cartridge" whereas I had been using the toner cartridge for a while already but it wasn't empty. printer is samsung SCX-3400
Do you know what could have gone wrong?
compatibe cartridge for your printer is : Samsung MLT-D101S
Please read through the following information if you are experiencing problems with your toner cartridges.
Every cartridge contains a chip that is read by the printer when it is installed. The chip informs the printer the type of cartridge it is, how many pages have been printed from the cartridge so far and various other diagnostic information. Many times, the chip is not successfully read by the printer causing installation error messages. A cold restart of the printer generally clears up these issues. To perform a cold restart:
- While the printer is on, remove the toner cartridge from the printer.
- Power off the printer and completely disconnect the printer from all power sources. You can do this by unplugging the printer from the wall or unplugging the power cord from the back/side of the printer.
- While the printer is off, re-install the toner cartridge. Apply firm pressure to ensure the cartridge is completed seated in the printer.
- Wait 10 minutes from the time you unplugged the printer from all power sources. This will ensure the printer memory is completely cleared of any errors.
- Plug the printer back into the wall or back/side of the printer and turn the printer on.