How to reset Tn450 low toner message?
I installed the TN450 last month, and only print about hundreds pages, it shows low toner, is it defective or any ways to remove the message?
Follow these steps will help you reset the low toner message:
For Borther DCP/MFC series printers,
- Open the front toner compartment door.
- The printer screen should read “front cover is open”
- press the “clear” button on the printer’s front panel.
- Printer will say “Replace Drum?”
- Here do not press 1 but instead type in “*00″ on the keypad. Star zero zero.
- The screen will say “Accepted”. Close the door and it will reset the low toner
For Brother HL Series printers,
- Open front door
- Turn off printer
- While holding down the GO button, turn printer back on
- When all four LEDs light up release GO button. All LEDs will turn off
- Press the GO button 2 times. The 3 LEDs (toner, drum, paper) will light up solid
- Press the GO button 5 times
- Paper light will be blinking
- At this point the toner end-of-life condition has been reset. Close front door.
Also, just a reminder, timing is important here so don’t pause between button