My new printer Canon PIXMA MG6620 prints horizontal white streaks
My new printer Canon PIXMA MG6620 prints horizontal white streaks, can you advise how can i do ?
If your Canon PIXMA MG6620 printer prints with horizontal lines. please try to clean the print head.
- Take the cartridge out of the printer.
- Put a small amount of boiling water in a cup (about 1/4 inch) and dunk the print head (the part Where the ink comes out) in the hot water for a minute. Do not submerge the whole cartridge in hot water, just the print head.
- Take it out, pat against a paper towel, observe the ink pattern left by the cartridge on the towel. If too little/interrupted, dunk again in hot water for another minute, pat again. You want to get an uninterrupted line of ink across the whole length of the print head. Repeat as needed.
- Pat cartridge dry all over, put back in printer, run cleaning cycles (1-2).
- If still not looking good, take cartridge out and repeat from 2
If those don't help, i suggest you try replace a new ink cartridge.
The cartridge for this printer is : Canon PGI-250/CLI-251 and Canon PGI-250XL/CLI-251XL