The Proper Way to Reset Your Brother MFC Series Printer

• Can you help me?

• Imagine you buy a brand new toner cartridge and happily put it into your printer, taking for granted that the printer can work well with the new toner. However, finally your printer give you no response expect leaving your the message like “Replace Toner”, “Toner Low” or “Toner Ended”. How annoying you will get! But do not give up at this moment. Actually you can manually reset the printer to remove this kind of messages. Pay attention that different series of printer should apply different ways to reset. In the following part I will show you the reset way of the MFC series of Brother printer for toner TN660.

Brother-TN-660-Original-Black-Toner-Cartridge
    Brother-TN-660-Original-Black-Toner-Cartridge
    Firstly you should make sure that the printer is turned. Then you should perform the following steps:
    i. Open the front cover. With the front cover open, the LCD should
    display “Cover is Open”.
    ii. Hold the the # button down for 5 seconds until Reset Menu is displayed.
    iii. Press the UP ARROW until TNR-STD-A is displayed.
    iv. Press the OK button.
    v. The LCD will briefly display “Accepted”.
    vi. Close the front cover.
    The printer should start working after doing the above process.

TN660 also works with Brother DCP series and HL series. The reset way of MFC series is not suitable for DCP series and HL series.You should figure out the series and the corresponding reset steps before you reset the printer.

If you want to buy products with good quality and fair price, please come to our website 123inkcartridges.ca. Our website offers free shipping for all the orders above $49. If you have any problems with our products, please feel free to contact us through e-mail or phone call. We will definitely enable you a happy shopping experience!

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to Shopper+ Forum Canada was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.