The ink cartridge I bought won't work in my printer and it says its not a compatible model
I bought a Canon PG-40 cartridge for my printer PIXMA MP160, but it won't work in my printer and it says its not a compatible model, can you help ?
PG-40 is the correct model for your printer PIXMA MP160
Please read through the following information if you are experiencing problems with your cartridges.
- follow any on-screen prompts and open the cover on the printer. Remove the cartridge and close the cover.
- At this point, your printer may direct you to install an ink cartridge. Slowly reinstall the cartridge.
- If the problem persists after returning the cartridge to its cradle, you will want to reset your printer.
This can be done by turning off your computer and your printer with the cartridges installed.
- Unplug your printer and leave your machines off for 2 minutes.
- Restart the printer and your computer, and attempt your print again.